We have a lot to unpack in this episode because we’re talking all about open enrollment and your health benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance. We’re also answering listener questions related to savings funds and investments so you can continue to improve your personal financial situation.
Listen in to find out when you can make changes to your health benefits, how to maximize your benefits so you have the best coverage possible for your needs, and how you can use your health savings account as an investment vehicle. I’ll also be sharing tips to optimize your savings fund and giving you some advice on what you can be doing with any excess funds based on where the market is at right now.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- The questions you should be asking when changing your employer benefits.
- When your dependent children usually age-out of your health benefits.
- The main factors you should consider when evaluating your current health benefits.
- Why the plan with the cheapest premium is not always the best one for your needs.
- How you can use your health savings account as an investment vehicle.
- The difference between an HSA and FSA and the benefits of each.
- Things to consider when looking at your tax situation.
- How much savings you should have.
- What you should be doing with your excess funds based on the markets right now.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“We want to make sure that the health insurance that you have in place now covers your needs.” - Jonathan Bednar
“You can’t have too much savings as a whole.” - Jonathan Bednar
“I don’t think there’s anything the opportunity fund couldn’t be used for.” - Jonathan Bednar
Resources In Today's Episode:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: