Nic Nielsen, co-founder of Know My Plan and Certified Financial Planner, joins me today to give us his take on financial planning, investments, and insurance. Nic has been in the financial planning industry for 16 years and brings with him a wealth of knowledge and passion for helping others increase their financial literacy.
Listen in as he shares the ways that many people mess up in contributing to ROTH accounts, as well as what they should be doing instead. You'll learn what Nic would go back and do with his life insurance if he could turn back the clock, why you should shred any credit card attached to a Health Savings Account, and more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn In Today's Episode:
- How Nic got into the financial planning industry.
- Why it’s important to be prepared for anything—and how life insurance plays a part in that.
- How life insurance needs are calculated for individuals.
- How to take advantage of a Health Savings Account for long-term care.
- The two priority things you should be investing in.
- How to make direct contributions to a ROTH IRA for high-income earners.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“If you know how money works: number one, you will probably always have a job, and number two, you’ll be able to take care of your family and help other people.” - Nic Nielsen
“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.” - Nic Nielsen
“It’s probably the only thing that you could say that should be a higher priority to invest in than all things ROTH.” - Nic Nielsen
Resources In Today's Episode:
Enjoy the show? Use the Links Below to Subscribe: